Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Two more in Four Corners/Colorado Plateau series

Nothing completed today - I started doing layer 2 on the next larger piece in the series, but the first layer wasn't dry enough, and I decided to stop before I made a complete mess.  I took a indoor flash photo of it anyway, just to share.

Here is the small canvas paper study done yesterday, based on a blurry, out of focus photo.  Another windmill and tank.  I've had this fascination with these water-pumping windmills ever since childhood, and now that is beginning to manifest in paintings.   I could easily do a series of them - bigger and more accurately painted, of course.  

Along this section of Hwy 160 heading east, Red Mesa, which was the first painting in this series, is to the left/north.  To the south are the Carrizo Mtns, Toh Chin Lini mesa and Black Rock Point.   We are now less than 20 miles from Four Corners NM.

Water near Black Rock Point
6x8
oil on canvas paper

#43 in progress 
11x14

In dealing with the frustrations of the paint, some of which is annoyingly stiff, I decided to utilize it for tinting some panels and canvases for future use.  Some Turpinoid, a paper towel, and I was off to the races.  These are drying in the garage to keep the VOC's out of the living space as much as possible.



Sizes are 5x7, 6x8, 9x12, 11x14 and the large 18x24.  That is slated for a specific project that I hope to begin working on soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughtful comments add value to this blog - thank you so much for taking the time to leave them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...