First is #25, the one that I was decidedly unhappy with. After analysis, I figured out the glaring issues I didn't like, and addressed (or attempted to) those. I'm calling it finished, but I'm not thrilled with it. I should call it "Lost in Translation", because that's a bit what it feels like. What drew me to the photo was the scale of the monocline when seen close, the curves of its cliffs and slopes, and the blue-red-green arrangement.
I wasn't able to get the right colors for those pink-red cliff slopes, but cadmium orange added to the palette did the trick.
9x12 - oil on canvas panel
Here are the first go-arounds for #26-28, the first two done yesterday. Twenty-eight was done this afternoon, and I actually added more to the road in #26 (so it is done, sans the stripes).
#26 - first color layer
#27 - first color layer
#28 - first color layer