Saturday, May 19, 2012

Off to Utah for 10 days

In less than an hour, we are heading off for a trip encompassing some of the finest scenery in the country, if not beyond:  the heart of the Colorado Plateau:

Paria River, Zion, Bryce, Escalante NM, Capitol Reef NP and Valley of the Gods/Cedar Mesa.  Really, to my eye, it just doesn't get any better than this.

We will be at Zion NP during the eclipse, which also happens to be in the path of totality.  Hopefully, I'll get some neat photos of that.

I have every piece of painting gear I own loaded up in the car, and the RV will carry everything else.

My plan is to paint every day, on hikes, in towns, along the side of the road if I want.  I'm 1/4 of the way towards my goal of 100 plein air paintings, and I hope to make a sizable dent in that on this trip.  

Anyway, I won't have internet access for the 10 days, so no posts until the 29th or beyond.

Photos from our similar car camping trip 6 years ago:

Virgin River Narrows - Zion NP

Bryce NP

Grosvner Arch

Entering slot canyon in Round Valley Draw - Escalante/Grand Staircase NM

Escalante River

alcove - Escalante River

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place - a painter's and photographer's paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I am sooooooo jealous! Can't wait to read your post afterwards...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky!!! Those are some of my favorite places. I look forward to seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip! I'm sure it will be inspiring. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh I hope you are having a fantastic time! But I'm sure you are. :) Those photos are gorgeous, I can't wait to see your paintings. And why don't you head on up to SLC hmmmm? We could have a meet up and paint the city. :) Le sigh, of course you won't get this until you return so. . . maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back from our trip and to internet access again :). Thank you all so much for your comments; unfortunately, I didn't get to read or reply to them until now.

    Crystal - we sort of edged up your way, but even at the closest point, it was probably a couple hundred miles away still :/. One of these days we will paint together - I haven't been through SLC since I was a kid, and would love a tour :D.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughtful comments add value to this blog - thank you so much for taking the time to leave them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...