Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bisbee Hillside - pastel

In my last blog post, I mentioned that I solicited my sister's help in deciding which photo to use for my next painting.  Yesterday, I decided to experiment a bit with some hard pastel sticks I purchased a couple of months ago.  A few days ago, in the early morning, I noticed the most beautiful clouds forming in the sky in the backyard of the hotel.  I grabbed my camera and took some photos, knowing how fleeting both the morning light and cloud forms can be. 

One of the photos became the subject for my next painting, and I enjoyed using the hard pastels on a smaller format.  I'm already working on my next painting - a sunset cloudscape - which I hope to have finished either tonight or tomorrow.


"Hillside Morning" - 5x7
pastel on 400-grit black sanded paper

1 comment:

Your thoughtful comments add value to this blog - thank you so much for taking the time to leave them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...